Monday, October 19, 2009

Week one is down

Well so much for posting everyday. I have to figure out how to post from my ipod touch as that is what I have at my disposal during most of my free time. Well I weighed in at 203 today which is three pounds lighter than last week which is good news. However, after many started diets I am fully aware of quick losses in the beginning due mainly to water weight that quickly plateau. That being said I'll take it. I was pretty good this weekend which is saying something as weekends are typically my downfall both in eating and drinking too much as well as not going to the gym. I went to the gym both saturday and sunday. 35 minutes on the elliptical on saturday and 45 yesterday. Drank a little wine on friday night probably around half a bottle. Probably had 9 glasses on saturday and 3 last night. I would really like to cut drinking down to two days max and only heavy on one day.

Did weight training for the first time in a few weeks today. I took it relatively easy.. two sets of about 9 exercises. My Ipod has the potential to be a valuable ally in this process. Not only in providing motivating tunes but with a couple of apps that I use to track progress. The first is livestrong.com and the second is Ifitness. The former is good for tracking food, weight and aerobic exercise and the second for weigh training exercises. I wish there was one app that combined them but so far I haven't found one.

I've also been trying to cook more at home to take some pressure off my wife and to make sure I have dinners that are healthy and nutritious. Last night I used my pressure cooker to make a lentil soup in all of about 20 minutes. These things are amazing. Every time I use it I kick myself for not busting it out more. They are super quick and energy efficient. And the results have been very tasty so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment